RE: (TechLDS) PHP - Three Tier Apps

> So, you write something in C or Delphi in a way that conforms to the
> .Net standard.  That compiler translates your code into a Common
> Intermediate Language that will be compiled again in a by a Common
> Language Runtime (CLR) to run on specific platforms (OSs).

Ahh, the next step in the idea of "Write Once, Run Anywhere". But
remember, each 'layer' of compiling adds it's layer of bloat. Is it any
wonder that programs are getting bigger, and bigger, and bigger?
And, with that comes higher demands on the hardware.

Now, I'm not advocating that we all go back to programming in
assembly language (for specific processors/OSs). I just wonder
where the concept of 'lean programming' went?

Malcolm
(it's a conspiracy from the hardware companies, forcing us to
upgrade our systems)

PHP Data object relational mapping generator
http://www.metastorage.net/
Yahoo! Groups Links