From: "Manuel Lemos" <mlemos@xxxxxxx>
To: <php-objects@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, February 02, 2006 12:05 PM
Subject: Re:  PHP as CGI

Hello,.

on 01/31/2006 07:16 AM David said the following:
> Hi, i have two different machines one with manually compiled PHP
> 4.3.9 and another with PHP 4.3.9 as CGI and they seem to work just
> fine with only one difference: the one that as PHP as CGI can't send
> mails. Why is this happening? How can I retrieve the reason why the
> mail function fails?

That usually happens whn you compile PHP with a non-root user as
sendmail is not in the path of non-root users and the mail function
becomes disabled. Try running configure again with the root user.

--

Regards,
Manuel Lemos

http://www.metastorage.net/

http://www.phpclasses.org/

PHP Data object relational mapping generator
http://www.metastorage.net/
Yahoo! Groups Links