Re: How to decrypt password when encrypted with md5()? . can any body help

Hi,

That's correct - unless you make the user specify the original
password again.  I like to keep 'update personal details' and 'update
password' as separate features of my applications.  If you require
this all to be done in one script, you must get the user to specify
the password (as your app will only be able to display the
encrypted/hashed version of it).  Another way is to add logic to your
script to track changed values and only update values in the database
for those values updated by the user on your web form.  Of course,
this gets more tricky if you're using stored procedures and such like
(you have to tell the database procedure which fields to update).

Brian