How to confirm is file is downloaded o not

Hi to all the php developers,

These days i am developing an online articles inofrmation library
and i am giving the facility to the users to download the article
for free.My download process will occure in these steps,

1)User will make a regestration through my website.
2)A run time generated code will be sent in the user email box
3)User copy and past the code sent previously  in the page on my be
  site and then he will be tken to the page where "Download" link
  will placed.
4)As he clicks on the link Article will start downloding.
5)If it downloaded successfully,then I will expires the code and
next time no one can use that code to download the any of the
article.

Now problem here is that due to any of the reason there may a chance
that in the download process it discard the downloading(i.e due any
technical problems)

So now you are well aware of the probleb.

Tell me that how do i confirm that wether article is downloaded
successfully so the i can perform the code expiration functionality.
If downloading is not successfullty then next time he can also
down;oad woth the same  code.

Its urgent please reply as soon as possible.
Thanks with regards

Sajid

PHP Data object relational mapping generator - http://www.meta-language.net/
Yahoo! Groups Links