Re: problem in creating file

Hi Mr. Ghiaseddin,

It seems to me that you don't have permission on the linux box for
editing the file... this may be the reason:

you've uploaded CatList.txt using an FTP transfer protocol; ergo the
owner of the file is the username used to login into the linux box via
the FTP server. from there your trying to access the file via your PHP
program running in the webserver. The owner of the
webprocess/webserver is either HTTP or WWW or WEB(depends on the linux
version or linux distibution). In anycase that is irrelevant, if this
is the situation that happened and you want to access CastList.txt you
have to upload the file via PHP not FTP or have PHP create the file
for you. Doing that will cause the fileownership of CatList.txt to be
the same as the process running the webserver(Apache)

Hope I was'nt too technical.

--
Engr. Andrew John P. Young
IT Consultant/RH Technician