Re: [php-objects] Secure setup

ruccbah wrote:

>I am new to PHP.  I use PHP, MySQL, and Apache on a Win2000 Server.
>All the latest versions, using modules.  To avoid problems while I
>get use to everything I have always kept my setup simple as described
>in a few books I have, (everything is on the main drive with limited
>file permissions).  Could someone please give me a basic outline for
>a "secure" setup?
>Thank you in advance.

    If you have access to the php.ini file, go through it and read the
comments. If any settings affect the security of your set up, it'll
generally be noted somewhere in there. For example, one of the comments
tells you that you should generally disable having your GET and POST
variables automatically converted to globals.

    Also, it's usually recommended to always run the latest stable
version of all you softwares. You may want to subscribe you mailing
lists that report when new versions of PHP or Apache are released, for
example.

    - Nebu

http://us.click.yahoo.com/l.m7sD/LIdGAA/qnsNAA/saFolB/TM