Re: PHP smarty and subarrays

On 05/09/2022 08:55, gordonisnz@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
Hi

1) Does anyone know of a good PHP Smarty forum?  There was one, but
they took it off & went to Reddit - Gone downhill since then (very few
people transferred)

or can i ask my smarty questions here? (not many folks may use smarty ??)

2) Question:-

I know how to assign values within a template:

{if !isset($HIDEMAINMENU)}{assign var="HIDEMAINMENU" value="0"}{/if}

however, does anyone know the correct way of assigning (or retrieving)
  sub-arrays?

(PHP) $myarray["animals"]["movies"]["settings"]["trees"] = 5;

How do I set it to do the same thing with smarty:-  the only examples
i can see, assign NEW arrays (not assigning new keys/values to an
existing array)

Or

How to assign a sub-array value  to a $temp  variable (not an array)

When I try the obvious things - i get all sorts of errors

--

Gordon.

From looking at the docs, it would seem you can use any valid PHP within the templates using {php}...{/php} : https://www.smarty.net/docsv2/en/language.function.php.tpl

This means you could set what you wish and use those variables within the Smarty templates using the normal Smarty syntax if you wish (as it all translates into PHP commands anyway)

--
www.ashleysheridan.co.uk