Re: Purpose of include_path

On Mon, 20 Jun 2022 12:53:41 -0400
<paulf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Folks:
>
> I can find get_include_path(), set_include_path() and I see (commented
> out) include_path settings in php.ini in both Arch and Debian. What I
> don't see is the purpose of this config value. What does it point to?
> I'm trying to run php scripts in my ~/paulf/public_html (set up
> through Apache), and it won't run them, giving me an error of "Failed
> opening required 'name-of-file' (include_path='.:') in Unknown on
> line on line 0". The script I'm attempting to run just contains
> "<?php phpinfo(); ?>".
>
> So any clues on the purpose and meaning of include_path and how it
> might apply to this problem?
>
> Paul

After superhuman research efforts by a team of dedicated professionals
(grin), the data on "include_path" is found here:

https://www.php.net/manual/en/ini.core.php

And the problem with the pathing is found in the "open_basedir"
directive in the php.ini file. I had this set to a couple of values NOT
/home/paulf/public_html. Once I added the directory and restarted
Apache, the problem disappeared.

Paul

--
Paul M. Foster