Re: php preg_match_all - exclude some matches

Welcome Gordon:

This group is for posting anything (Q/A) about PHP  — not much more.

If you have a question and the person reading your post has the time, then they will provide an answer.

Of course, that doesn’t stop anyone else from posting or posting a better way.

Your question of:

> Q. i guess 500Kb in a HTML form in $_POST format isn't too much ? Is it Ok ?

I think there is a limit on POST,, but I don’t recall at the moment. Here’s a reference:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/2364840/what-is-the-size-limit-of-a-post-request

But with files just about any file size that doesn’t overwhelm the server is allowed. I often use the King James Version of the Bible as text file to load into a single variable to show how large a string can be.

I’ve also written code to upload the KJV into a database and search it.

I’ve created a demo (with code) for preg_match() as you can view here:

http://citw.lcc.edu/~sperlt/citw185/examples/reg-expression.php

The data array you mention below reminds me of str_replace() — here’s a demo (with code):

http://citw.lcc.edu/~sperlt/citw185/examples/string-replace.php

I think the above will give you a start on solving your problem.

Cheers,

Tedd