Re: postgresql csv import

On 20 September 2021 22:49:25 BST, ourdiaspora <ourdiaspora@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> So what exactly is your code doing? Check each part:
>>

>The problem experienced is the very low knowledge and comprehension. It has been difficult even to access the error logs!
>
>> 1. Is the uploaded file actually detected with a size over 0 bytes?
>
>Don't know how to verify; command terminal 'du -sh' shows the file size to be 4 kb.

That doesn't mean it was uploaded successfully or that it had a valid size

>> 2. Are you able to successfully open it for reading?
>
>Not sure this is understood; can open the csv file using my text editor.

Can your code open it though? What is the return value from opening the file in read mode?

>> 3. Is it even a valid CSV that can be read with fgetcsv() ?
>
>Again, don't know how to verify, but libreoffice calc shows a valid csv file that can be opened in the spreadsheet

That just means it's something that Libre can understand, it doesn't mean it's a valid CSV.

>> 4. Does it loop over the data the expected number of times?
>
>Again, I don't have the knowledge to test this

Print statements inside the loop at the most basic level.

>> 5. Is the CSV data constructed in the right way that your $getdata
>> indexes are correct when you build the query?
>
>Think so, assuming the index [0] corresponds to the first field.

Did you attempt to use any kind of simple print statement debugging to see if any of your assumptions are correct?