FYI : plupload.com-2.3.7 can now succesfully upload with just HTML5, in Chrome, around 20GB of HD and 4K photos spread out over 8887 files in 169 sub-folders into my CMS..

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/68788053/why-is-the-plupload-com-php-photo-uploader-component-unable-to-handle-very-large/68788054

for my MIT-licensed (totally free) CMS and web-apps platform https://github.com/nicerapp/nicerapp, i am using a photo uploader component called plupload.com, which is HTML5 based, and which can handle fairly large uploads just fine out of the box, but not very large uploads (8887 files in 169 folders spanning 20.4GB in my test case).

i wondered why the files in very large uploads ended up in the wrong folders (higher level folders), for instance.

i eventually found the answer, and will share that with you here on stackoverflow.com because the plupload.com forums are closed to new registrations and i was pointed here by the people running those forums, telling me to tag such a post with the plupload tag.

full (working!) sources links available at the stackoverflow.com link..

enjoy :)