Re: Hoping for a working example of SFTP in PHP

Dear Stefan A.,

My key type has always been RSA, generated using these instructions.

I found the actual pub file and downloaded it. Note that the first line in this file is

ssh-rsa

not

-----BEGIN RSA PRIVATE KEY-----

I am getting the same error message:

"Starting...
ssh2_connect: Resource id #4
Warning: ssh2_auth_pubkey_file(): Authentication failed for nsr using public key: Unable to open public key file in C:\Dropbox\Private\Web\nsr-HMAC\upload\upload.php on line 43
Public Key Authentication Failed"

I can understand why security files have many different formats: because of random historical development. But isn't it time to standardize on one format of security files for all platforms? Is there a Standards group that could make this happen?

Meanwhile, is there an expert who can help me get this working?

David