Re: Hoping for a working example of SFTP in PHP

I have also been reading computer documentation for about half a century. As a teenager I read the machine language documentation for the IBM computers (the 360/370 Principles of Operation) half a century ago. I have seen a large variation in quality of documentation. Machine language tends to be more specific. High-level languages tend to be vague. Ideally the documentation is precise and thorough enough that examples are not necessary. In the case of PHP and most of the Microsoft documentation, examples are necessary. I totally understand the frustration of attempting to use something that is not adequately documented.

I think an implication of what you are experiencing is that PHP might not even work for the purpose you are attempting to use it for. I think it is highly appropriate to expect a working example. I think that unless someone knows for a fact that it can work they should not criticize you for being unsuccessful. In the Microsoft forums if someone says they are unable to get something to work a response might be to say to report it as a defect (whatever terminology is appropriate). Perhaps someone can guide you in posting to one of the other PHP forums where the audience is the people familiar with the internals and responsible for ensuring that PHP works.