Re: $_GET vars dropped?

On April 29, 2020 11:16:21 AM UTC, Andrey Repin <anrdaemon@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>Greetings, Ashley Sheridan.

>> I actually found that browsers weren't the issue with long GET
>requests but
>> web servers were. In my particular case it was IIS, not sure if
>Apache and nginx have the same issue.
>
>This is not an issue per se, more a sane limitation on client
>misbehavior.
>When webserver just accepted the connection and started parsing a
>request, it
>has to allocate some memory for initial buffer to read the request into
>it.
>Making this allocation bigger is not really feasible, and if your
>request line
>does not fit into it, it's safer to drop you and claim you are
>misbehaving than
>to keep reading in hopes of finding an end to your arrogance.

I don't think I was arrogant, perhaps your choice of wording could be better?

My point stands though, it's an issue as other web servers support longer GET requests without issue. It might be the reason why they say it's not fixable, but it is more likely that the problem there is the effort required yo fix against the benefits.

Thanks,
Ash