Parsing and organizing files in folder with PHP question

Hi,

I have a content folder on my website with more than few thousand images and videos. I want to write php code to do following:

1- Read all files on the folder

2- Remove all files that are older than 2 years ago

3- Loop through all content files to check file type and save them in two arrays (one for images and another for videos)

4- Merge new image array files with an existing image folder files but if duplicate exists, override the older version of file.

What is best way to achieve this?

--
Best,

DC Web Makers