Re: Weird permission issue

HI,

I think you can run through the following checklist:-

1. Web server is running under the same user which owns that directory.
2. If the owner is not the same, then please change the owner using chown .
3. If permissions are not the same, then change permission using chmod.
4. On some Linux boxes, SELinux may have been enabled, and context has been set for that specific directory. You can try to disable SELinux.

Let us know if it works, if not, we can move ahead with other checklist items.
Thanks and Regards
Zareef Ahmed

On Wed, May 8, 2019 at 11:26 PM Larry Martell <larry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Wed, May 8, 2019 at 1:39 AM Willie M <matthews.willie80@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 5/7/19 12:51 PM, Larry Martell wrote:

> >> Who owns the foo.new and the foo.old directories? That is most likely
> >> where the problem is.
> > Both are owned by root.root with mode 755. I tried chmod-ing foo.old
> > to 777 but still get the error.
>
> If I am not mistaken 755 is rwxr-xr-x by root if it is owned by root.
> The php files are ran by www or whoever it runs for on your computer. So
> it isn't going to be a writeable file at all in that folder if the file
> isn't made yet and if it is made in the folder you have to make sure
> whoever runs php can write to the file.
>
> You have to check on all this. I am sure it is permissions.

Yes, as I said in my pervious message I tried chown-ing all the dirs
to 777 but I still get the error.