Re: rename and copy recursive for directories?

Initially you said copy and now you say rename/move. Copying a directory is not the same as moving a directory. I am nearly certain that it is not necessary to recurse subdirectories when a directory is moved. Perhaps you must only do a single rename.

Sunday, March 3, 2019 2:09 PM
Thank you for your response Kalle;

I have written a recursive class member method for such things as setting permissions,
delete, save as (copy under a different name), and search. So I can implement it for renaming*
directories

* relocating a directory to different parent directory

JK

Sunday, March 3, 2019 1:21 PM
Hi

No, none of the file system functions does any recursive behavior like
that in PHP and it is something you would have to implement on your
own. The SPL extension does however implement a
RecursiveDirectoryIterator which you may find useful for this.

Sunday, March 3, 2019 12:53 PM
Hello;
I have looked at manual entries for rename and copy but
I don't see that they will work recursively for renaming or
copying directories with contents.

Do these work recursively for directories when a directory
is copied or renamed to a new directory?

Thank you
JK