Re: Hard link shows php source code

On 30 Jan 2019, at 05:27, Jeffry Killen <jekillen@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> On Jan 29, 2019, at 8:46 PM, Sam Hobbs <Sam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> Jeffry Killen wrote on 1/29/2019 8:35 PM:

>>> The ''situation" is when a hard link name without a .php suffix is to

>>> a php script file that is recognized by .php suffix.

>> Recognized how? What is to be done with it? When you say "is recognized by

>> .php suffix" do you mean that the file having a php suffix is to be processed

>> as a PHP file? Do you want that to happen for all files having a php suffix?

>> The original question said "the php source code was displayed". Is that what

>> you want to happen or not happen? The relevance of the php source code being

>> displayed is not clear.

> Will a link to a php source code file that is named without a php suffix be

> considered and run as a php source code file?

Not unless the you tell apache, via the appropriate config file, to treat its extension (if it has one) in the same way as a file with a php suffix.

A file containing php is just a text file. It seems to me that those who live by the suffix and now dying by the suffix, although without a proper cross-platform system of file metadata I'm not sure how that can be avoided.

--
Cheers -- Tim