Re: Help Reading from a POP3 Mail Server

On Mon, 2018-12-17 at 19:16 +0100, Christoph M. Becker wrote:
> On 17.12.2018 at 18:54, John wrote:
>
> > I finally got back to this and I wonder where you downloaded the c-client
> > library and the PHP IMAP extensions from?  The University of Washington
> > download
> > link responds with a 404 error when I try to access it, and while the PHP
> > IMAP
> > functions are documents in the PHP manual, they are not present in the
> > version I
> > have installed (PHP 7.2.9), probably because the c-client library isn't
> > installed.  I checked the Fedora repository and no luck there either.
> > Any suggestions?
>
> The IMAP extension is bundled with PHP, but most Linux distros likely
> offer separate packages, e.g.
> <
> https://fedora.pkgs.org/28/fedora-x86_64/php-imap-7.2.4-2.fc28.x86_64.rpm.html
> >.
>
> If you need to get the original c-client sources, you can get them from
> the few still active UW IMAP software mirrors[1], e.g.
> <http://ftp.ntua.gr/pub/net/mail/imap/>.
>
> [1] <https://www.washington.edu/imap/mirrors.html>

Thank you.  I'll try the Fedora repository first since I'm using Fedora on the
server.  I assume then that this is end-of-life and nobody will continue to
support it (?).  I noticed that the UW web page with the bad link to the
download was dated in 2012.

Regards,

John