Re: Re: cookie management

On 19.02.2018 at 19:44, Jeffry Killen wrote:

> On Feb 19, 2018, at 6:24 AM, Christoph M. Becker <cmbecker69@xxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> Why should the server differentiate which tab made the
>> request, at all?
>
> I just want to know if it was possible for a user to have two
> sessions opened to the same domain at the same time
> from the same client.

That is generally possible …

> I am working on a modular registration and log in - log out
> system. So I play the role of both the user who would
> be using my work, and the developer. I am anticipating
> potential difficulties owing to this sort of situation.

but at least in this case you'll want to prevent it.  If an already
authenticated user requests the login form again, for instance, don't
show them the form, but rather the info that they're already logged in
(or redirect them to the user control panel, or whatever), etc.

--
Christoph M. Becker