cookie management

Hello;

I am working on a project that has to manage
cookies both by php and by javascript.

A cookie is set for a user.

Now if the same user opens a new window in the browser and navigates to the same page
that set the cookie in the first window, how will the server be able to differentiate, assuming
the cookie has the same name, set in the same client in both opened windows? The second
would overwrite the first if the values are different, right?

I am thinking of cookie arrays but I am not sure that would be the solution.

Thanks for time, attention and wisdom with this issue.
JK