opcache.dups_fix

Greetings,

Does anyone know much about the opcache option opcache.dups_fix? The documentation states "This hack should only be enabled to work around "Cannot redeclare class" errors." We are seeing said errors that can really only be attributed to an opcache problem. It happens after deployments, for 1-2 seconds, and the error log will list two different version of files. We have opcache.revalidate_freq set to 0, so every request should generate a check on the file.

I'm mainly curious in the potential side effects of enabling the dups_fix option. Sounds like the solution to our problem, but the wording in the documentation isn't real encouraging...

Thanks,

--
Joe Koenig
Brecht's Database Solutions