Re: AW: Hello

Excuse me for top-posting but my email client is stupid.

Memory stacks are definitely stacks and that is a very appropriate use of the term.

Alan Feuerbacher <mailto:alanf00@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Monday, August 28, 2017 1:01 PM
On 8/28/2017 12:34 PM, Sam Hobbs wrote:

What is a Stack?

I have been programming since 1971

So you're an old guy like me.

and I have seen the term "stack" but never taken the time to look it up. I assume it is another of many words that are used just to be different and that other terms (such as library or API) would also work.

Having read some of the later replies, now I get it.

Until now, "stack" in computer context to me meant "memory stack".

Alan

Sam Hobbs <mailto:Sam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Monday, August 28, 2017 11:34 AM

I have been programming since 1971 and I have seen the term "stack" but never taken the time to look it up. I assume it is another of many words that are used just to be different and that other terms (such as library or API) would also work.

Alan Feuerbacher <mailto:alanf00@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Monday, August 28, 2017 11:15 AM