Re: header() not working?

> On Dec 13, 2016, at 5:13 AM, Ford, Mike <M.Ford@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> What's does include('includes/header.php') do? I'm betting there's output in there! If so, put it inside your
>
>    if ($step == 0)
>
> where it belongs anyway.

> (As does the include of footer.php, incidentally.) There's no point putting anything that might possibly do output in a path that can issue a redirect, so don't.
>
> And, yes, this is almost certainly due to a change in the output buffering in your site's config.
>
> Cheers!
>
> Mike

Mike:

Thanks for your comments.

Your comments are interesting and I’ll look into them, but the code did work for the last 8 years.

My reason for starting this thread was to ask people how know the internals of php/server settings to tell me what is happing. Perhaps the init file, or some server directive is not set correctly, or whatever — not knowing, is the reason for me asking.

Cheers,

tedd
tedd sperling
tedd@xxxxxxxxxxxx