Function for parsing email

Hello All,

I'm trying to find a classs/script which allows me to parse an incoming
email.
I have seen many older scripts/classes but wanted to see if there is maybe
something newer.
I don't want to use a whole framework etc.
I know how to get the message from the mail server to pipe to my application

We will take from the incoming messages everything available including
attachments(multiple) and process based on that content.

I appreciate your help!!!