Re: Anyone using php on FreeBSD as a port?

Hi David,

Sorry it took a while to get to back to you.

On Tue, Apr 12, 2016 at 03:03:00PM -0400, David Mehler wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Here it is the complete make:
>

>  I've got the latest
> ports tree and the version of pear is 1.10.1. It's looking for a file
> peclcmd.php which it is not finding. Here's the output such as it is,
> the informational about my php not having zlib support not sure where
> it's getting that, as I do have php56-zlib installed.

<snip>

> sed: /usr/ports/devel/pear/work/stage/usr/local/share/pear/peclcmd.php:
> No such file or directory
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop.
> make: stopped in /usr/ports/devel/pear
>
> Thanks.
> Dave.

Have you confirmed that the file peclcms.php is really missing?

The best guess that I have is a post from a couple years back on
the FreeBSD Forums (https://forums.freebsd.org/threads/14089/) that
suggests having open_basedir set in your php.ini file is the culprit,
and that commenting that line out while you run your make might allow
it to work.

It could be that you could contact the port maintainer, or ask the
FreeBSD questions mailing list (questions@xxxxxxxxxxx), if that doesn't
help out.

Good luck & Godspeed,

Kevin Kinsey