Re: Need a bit of MAMP help please

On Sun, Mar 20, 2016 at 7:54 AM, dealtek@xxxxxxxxx <dealtek@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I installed a fresh copy of MAMP on EL CAPITAN.
>
> Then attempted to import some sql files - error said files were too
> large...
>
> So I checked the php.ini files for suggested versions 5.6.10 and 7.0 and
> did find "upload_max_filesize" but  NOT find = memory_limit and
> post_max_size settings in those versions! I did find all the settings in
> the previous version 5.6.7
>

> So how can I set php.ini for all 3 settings correctly in v5.6.10 and/or
> 7.0?
>
> or
>
> How can I get MAMP to use previous version 5.6.7 instead (the MAMP prefs
> don't give this choice)?
>
> --------- from docs.....
>
> ​​
> 1.16 I cannot upload big dump files (memory, HTTP or timeout problems).
>
> The first things to check (or ask your host provider to check) are the
> values of upload_max_filesize, memory_limit and post_max_size in the
> php.ini configuration file. All of these three settings limit the maximum
> size of data that can be submitted and handled by PHP. One user also said
> that post_max_size and memory_limit need to be larger than
> upload_max_filesize. There exist several workarounds if your upload is too
> big or your hosting provider is unwilling to change the settings
>

> --
> Thanks,
> Dave - DealTek
> dealtek@xxxxxxxxx
> [db-16]
>

> --

​Hi Dave,

​If configurations you are looking for are not present, then you can add
them manually and set the value accordingly. And don't forget to restart
the Apache.

​Also, for importing sql files you can directly use mysql client from
command line(most recommended way), which won't be dependent on PHP.

Eg:
mysql -u root -p <db-name> < /path/to/db-data.sql​

--
Regards,
Jigar Dhulla