Re: extension intl not installed although showing it checked on the extensions

Negin Nickparsa wrote:

> I solved my problem but I am wondering why? its like when we solve our
> problems but we don't know how on earth it has been solved
> I have wamp server on windows
> I was not seeing intl installed in phpinfo page, but in php.ini it exists
> and it is not commented
>
> extension=php_intl.dll
>
> so I tried to look through dll files , I saw that there are many  icu*.dll
> files in bin php folder which do not exists in apache bin folder so I just
> copy pasted them
> and bingo I am seeing intl in phpinfo page
>
> now why it has happenned?

php_intl.dll depends on some/all (?) of the ICU DLLs.  Missing DLLs are
looked up in the folder of the relevant executable (in this case
apparently httpd.exe), or if not found there in the folders in %PATH%.
Instead of copying the files to the Apache bin/ folder, you could have
added the PHP folder to your %PATH% as well.

--
Christoph M. Becker