Re: AW: AW: Help with recursive function

On Feb 7, 2015, at 10:17 AM, Robert Stoll wrote:

Nah... ignore that it will return true if an dir is empty but the problem is in this line:

if(is_dir($_x))

It should be

If(is_dir($_dir.'/'.$_x))

Hope this fixes your bug

Cheers,
Robert

The problem is that everything appears to be working accept that
there are directories with subdirectories that are being ignored.

I if I needed to do
If(is_dir($_dir.'/'.$_x))

instead of

if(is_dir($_x))

I would get an entry in the self::$_readError array because the path info
would be bad. I would assume that if the dir was successfully opened for
read to begin with, when the readdir code saw $_x it would already have
the necessary path info. But the screen method wouldn't so it is passed
to that method.

I set up a demo on my site and I hope that this is acceptable to include
in a posting to this list. It is not intended to be an advertisement but can
appear to be.
jekillen.com/demos -> Mock Terminal -> Recursive Dev

In the page at Recursive Dev there is a link to "High liter" in which
the relevant code will be highlighted.

The mock terminal demo is a stripped down version of a project I am
working on. There is a listing feature that can be used to list directories
in emulating a terminal call to ls -la, with a few extras. With this you
should be able to see a listing of the directories that the code this issue
is about won't include in its out put. Mock Teminal is predominantly a
javascript application on the client side,  so have it active and use
a DOM browser, as I haven't added  IE code yet.

this is the output on the  recursive demo installation

There should be: /terminal/lab_3/jsLab_1 and /terminal/lab_3/jsLab_2 which are being skipped There are also two sub dirs in /terminal/php that are not being included in the output.
/terminal/img
/terminal/lab_2
/terminal/lab_2/img
/terminal/lab_2/php