Re: Why does session.gc_maxlifetime default to 1440 seconds?

On Wed, Jan 28, 2015 at 09:08:49PM +0100, Markus Amalthea Magnuson wrote:
> Thanks for the reply Aziz,
>
> I'm wondering about the decision itself, it seems like a rather strange
> value, almost like the intention was 24 hours which there is some logic to.
>
> What do you think? How could I find more info on this? I emailed the person
> who made the commit to the PHP source code ago setting this default, but
> that was a long time ago and I still have not received any reply.

It is a default ... the idea is to detect if someone has decided to go to
another web site, gone to lunch, ... You can argue forever if it is the right
number - I don't think that it is badly wrong - but if you don't like it just
change it.

What is the problem ?

--
Alain Williams