Re: Re: fopen permission denied

> Hi Jasper,
>

> This is a bit off  topic, but a point to think about. A small point to
> consider. Generally it is a bad idea to let the webserver write files in
> the documentroot. (There are exceptions, like updating webapps or such, and
> even then it is questionable whether that is a good idea). Admittedly I am
> no SELinux expert, but it just might be the default policy prohibits
> writing temp, or data, files in the documentroot.
> Apart from that, by turning SELinux to no enforcing on a webserver is,
> given the fact that webserver are usually directly connected to the
> internet, and not taking other measures, is inviting trouble.
> I do hope your site won't fall prey to malicious attacks.

Ok yes you do make a valid point. True, this is a hobby server on the
amazon free tier that I am using to learn PHP (and some other languages
potentially down the road) I still want to keep security in mind. So I will
look into getting this to work with SELinux turned back on. Again, no great
loss if the whole server goes belly up. But it's still nice to have around.

Thanks
Tim