Need a Magento email list (and job offer)

I’m trying to learn Magento and am looking for resources to ask questions. There surprisingly doesn’t seem to even be a user-group here in the Seattle area!? Even the http://www.meetup.com/seattle-magento/ is sad with not even a single meetup or even movement online. :-\

I see they have this forum http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/ but uselessly, “Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.”

Besides, I don’t like online bulletin boards generally as they require me to actively monitor them. I prefer good old, email lists (like this PHP one) as God intended them to be and have the knowledge sent to me to read (and save in a folder).

Anyone know of a Magento email list I can join?

Also related, the company I work for is hiring a Magento developer if anyone reading this is interested. We’d prefer on-site but there is a huge possibility you could work remotely too.

Daevid Vincent

Solution Architect (BCM)

www.computenext.com

daevid@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx