Re: httpd not interpreting a php file

Check your httpd.conf file and insure that the line that loads the php extension module is un commented, or has characters missing or superfluous characters in the instruction line.

When Apache isn't loading php it will spit out source code because the file is served as
a plain text file.

Beyond that, who knows.
JK