Re: Unable to compile PHP 5.3.29 On CentOS 7.0: Configure complains about BZip2 not in expected location

On 10/15/2014 10:54 AM, Kenneth Wolcott wrote:
> Hi All;
>
>   I forgot, is top-posting frowned upon here?  I was in a hurry and
> did not trim and I top-posted, sorry...
>
>   Update:
>
>   Thanks to the tips received in this thread I have made more progress.
>
>   I'm now stuck at: "configure: error: DBA: Could not find necessary
> header file(s)."
>
>   I installed "php-dba" but that did not help and there are no other
> "php-dba" packages for CentOS 7 other than those that seem to be
> strongly tied to NetworkManager; are those pertinent to the problem?
> Is it possible that the php-3.3.29 sources are not happy with a
> php-dba that comes with CentOS 7?
>
> Thanks,
> Ken
>

>From the install page for PHP-DBA:

By using the --enable-dba=shared configuration option you can build a dynamic
loadable module to enable PHP for basic support of dbm-style databases. You
also have to add support for at least one of the following handlers by
specifying the --with-XXXX configure switch to your PHP configure line.

In my setup, I have --with-db4.  For that to work correctly, I have to have
the header files installed for db4.  And for that to work correctly, I have
the following packages installed.

db4.x86_64         4.7.25-18.el6_4  @updates
db4-cxx.x86_64     4.7.25-18.el6_4  @base
db4-devel.x86_64   4.7.25-18.el6_4  @base
db4-utils.x86_64   4.7.25-18.el6_4  @updates

Check out the following page, find which --with-xxxx you are using and make
sure the devel package is installed.

http://us1.php.net/manual/en/dba.installation.php

--
Jim Lucas