Re: mail() doesn't work

On 14-09-26 12:00 PM, Jim Giner wrote:
Sorry - I should have followed up here sooner.  My last "Eureka" post
was a false alarm as the emails suddenly stopped arriving shortly after
the post.  And since then no progress had been made, except for 1 or two
emails that magically appeared during that time.

BUT TODAY - today is a whole new story.

Looking back at my template that I use for these email processors I
realized that the only difference in this usage was that I dropped the
logic that handled the deletion of the email that was received and
processed by the script.  Just figured I'd leave the emails in their
mailbox for future reference and so I stripped out a single function and
the boolean var that triggered a call to it.  That's all - a single
function.

Well - now my script works perfectly.  Ran two dozen tests over a couple
hours and every one produced an email response.

But - the real killer is this:  I receive an email response regardless
of whether I set my boolean switch (to perform the delete) to 'true' or
'false'!  Crazy!!  Yes - the emails work just fine whether or not the
delete code executes or not.  Just having it present in the script makes
the email send work.

Trust me - completely irrational behavior but I'm happy it works.

Do you have quotes around true and false as shown above? If you do, then both evaluate to true. Just saying in case it's the root of the craziness :)

Cheers,
Rob.
--
Phone: 613-822-9060    +++    Cell: 613-600-2836
E-Mail Disclaimer: Information contained in this message and any