Re: A Question About Using A Php User Class And Session Variables

On Aug 21, 2014, at 9:50 AM, Stephen <stephen-d@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> This really is not a class issue. When you call the class to determine the record ID of the user, you will save it in a variable. Probably created by calling the class to instantiate the variable.

OK Thanks for the help. So forgetting about the class issue

Assuming that site will need to display the fields separately on different pages (just first name on some - full info on others etc.).....

Do you recommend setting session vars after the primary query for each of the user fields like:

$_SESSION['first'] = "joe";
$_SESSION['last'] = "smith";
$_SESSION['phone'] = "212 111 2222";

etc. ?

Or might I set a session user var like...

$_SESSION['thisuser'] = array('joe','smith','212 111 2222');
echo 'show last name- '.$_SESSION['thisuser'][1].'<br>';

is there a customary way to do this?