Re: Ask

On 23-7-2014 20:38, Jim Giner wrote:
On 7/23/2014 11:43 AM, Made Negara wrote:
Good Evening Webmaster..

Please, help me for my project (deadline)..
I have a problem with PHP, how to combination PHP code with FPDI, for
protect PDF file.

I Want to  Protect Read-only, No Copy, No Print.    Even if the user has
the password is it possible to still have the document be read only (eg.
cannot copy text, cannot print))

Could you help me webmaster...

Please...

FPDI?  My research says this is a class that enables you to import a pdf
document (page by page?) into your own pdf document.  That would appear
to be all that it does.

So now we are simply talking about a pdf file, no?  I'm not aware of any
way to protect any document from being printed or copied.

Not sure what you target is here, but I think you have an impossible goal.

Hi Made Negara,

Well.. I could simply point to this url:
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=protect+pdf+from+printing

But honestly... according to google, which points to an adobe article which exactly explains how to do what you want: yes, it's possible.

But is it possible using FPDI? Well, like Jim already said, most likely no: simply because the tool you mention has nothing whatsoever to do with protecting or writing a pdf file. It's like asking "how can I prevent documents from being printed in color using a photocamera?". It has nothing to do with what you want it to do... so... no, it can't.

- Tul

P.S. Some tips for future communication:
1 - use a proper subject, "ask" is not a proper subject. Most people won't bother reading this mail due to this. Try to give a very short summary of what your mail is about, for example "how to prevent printing and copying in pdf using FPDI" 2 - This is a newsgroup. Many readers are (also) webmasters of various websites. However, that is not our name. Please don't say "hello webmaster" since you're trying to talk to a group of people, not just one specific person.

---