Re: PHP 5.5/Win32 "application is not a win32 executable" error

On 18/07/14 17:03, Sean Greenslade wrote:
>> Microsoft require a large sum of money to restore working systems,
>> > something that may simply be not available to many sites.
>> > Blackmail used to be a crime so I don't know when they legalised it?
> Sorry, what? Exactly who is being blackmailed here?

Everybody who wants to carry on using perfectly functional kit !!!!
We run all the CNC computers on XP because the parallel port is not
accessible from W7. These machines don't even have a network port
switched on so 'new vulnerabilities' are simply not relevant. I've just
wasted 3 hours trying to work out what is stopping a machine that has
been working happily from booting up, and it has decided that it has not
been activated. Can't reactivate because no network ... telephone
service seems to have been switched off! So yes I am being blackmailed
to buy new licences simply because M$ is not making enough money ...

Is it any wonder I'm so pigging pissed of at wastin so much time on this
crap :( The hardware will quite happily run Linux so perhaps now is the
time simply to ditch windows once and for all.

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL