Re: pulling script in interval of second.

As I said what you need is a cron or daemon process to deal with the "when the client stop requesting" issue. If you don't know what is a daemon or cron , just google it a while. If you do , then the code just like the followings

client_handler.php
<?php
file_put_contents("/tmp/time_cache", time());
//do the rest of you staff
?>

check_daemon.php
//fork a daemon first
while (true) {
    sleep(5); //check the time every 5s
    $lastest_request_time = file_get_contents("/tmp/time_cache");
    if ((time() - $lastest_request_time) > 5) {
// this is the if statement you should enter, and do the staff in this if
    }
}

于 2014年07月01日 12:20, hadi 写道:
your code did not make any sense, PHP code executing from top to bottom
line by line. you can't expect it to enter the loop and do the
unset($_SESSION) staff at the same time.
let me tell you what your code do exactly:

1. at first you set and unset a session key for 50 times, the $st 's value is the
time() of the 50th loop plus 10 2. you enter a loop and check if time() > $st, as
$st is time() + 10 , it is always larger than time(), so it enter the if statement
and write the temp file , then the process exist
You sow my code and you got my point  can you help to fix it.
So if $st is large then time why it should enter if statement. It supposed to stop. Because I already mention if time>$st, so if time is greater than $st not time < $st

your code did not make any sense, PHP code executing from top to bottom
line by line. you can't expect it to enter the loop and do the
unset($_SESSION) staff at the same time.
let me tell you what your code do exactly:

1. at first you set and unset a session key for 50 times, the $st 's value is the
time() of the 50th loop plus 10 2. you enter a loop and check if time() > $st, as
$st is time() + 10 , it is always larger than time(), so it enter the if statement
and write the temp file , then the process exist

于 2014年07月01日 11:07, hadi 写道:
As http server is stateless, php can not know if a client has stop
requesting.
you should do your trick on the client side.

But if you insist doing this on the server, you may need to write a
daemon process or crontab job , here's the step

1. Everytime the client make a request, your php code write a
timestamp in a temp file.
2. Your daemon process should read this file and compare to the
timestamp by NOW, if it is larger than you expect ,then do the if
statement thing in the daemon process.
Look what I have accomplished in my script, the problem in my script when
" session_destroy();" and " unset($_SESSION['timeout']);" happen it
supposed to kill "timeout" then "while loop if(time() >  $st) " will stop. But
theses not happing im wondering why. Can you look in my code and see?
<?php
session_start();
?>

<?php

for( $x=0; $x< 50; $x++ )

{

$st = $_SESSION['timeout'] = time() + 10;

session_destroy();

unset($_SESSION['timeout']);
}

$loop= true;

while($loop)

{

if(time() >  $st)

{

file_put_contents('/tmp/phptest1234.txt', 'test'); $loop=false; } }

?>

Hi hadi:

As http server is stateless, php can not know if a client has stop
requesting.
you should do your trick on the client side.

But if you insist doing this on the server, you may need to write a
daemon process or crontab job , here's the step

1. Everytime the client make a request, your php code write a
timestamp in a temp file.
2. Your daemon process should read this file and compare to the
timestamp by NOW, if it is larger than you expect ,then do the if
statement thing in the daemon process.

于 2014年07月01日 08:21, hadi 写道:
You will have to make the script 2 parts. One to reload and the
other to execute the else (exiting). You need to use ajax to call
the php script every second (for the first part) and use the page's
onunload method to execute the second part (user exited):

http://www.w3schools.com/jsref/event_onunload.asp
I already tried your method with onunload, the problem with onunload
when I change the page the script getting execute.

I already have javascript to pull php script, just I need php script
doing the flowing; when javascript stop pulling php script. Block in
if  statement should run.

Can you give me php script ? please.

On Mon, Jun 30, 2014 at 7:56 PM, hadi <almarzuki2011@xxxxxxxxxxx>
I have javascript to pull my php script every interval of second.

When javascript stop pulling my php script, block in if statement
should execute.

Can someone provide me with the php script please ?

Thank you.