Re: close the browser

On 24 June 2014 17:39, Aziz Saleh <azizsaleh@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 24, 2014 at 12:26 PM, Stuart Dallas <stuart@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> On 24 June 2014 17:16, Aziz Saleh <azizsaleh@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>> Yes: http://www.php.net//manual/en/function.ignore-user-abort.php
>>>

>> That's detecting a client disconnection, not the browser being closed.
>> While closing the browser will also close the connection, it's not the only
>> action that will do so.
>>
>> -Stuart
>>
>> --
>> Stuart Dallas
>> 3ft9 Ltd
>> http://3ft9.com/
>>

> Stuart:
>
> Here is what I can think of:
>
> 1) User closes the browser.
> 2) Internet is disconnected.
> 3) Computer shuts of.
> 4) Intermittent connection.
>
> I could be missing a few (if so, please let us know which). Either way,
> they all are pretty much connection lost which I am 90% is what the OP was
> thinking of (probably didn't think of a way to do something for the other
> cases).

Your 90% scenario is actually...

    Page completely loaded so the script has ended => User closes browser

Using ignore_user_abort does not get anywhere close to doing what the OP
wants. Not that we actually know what the OP really wants until he tells
us. I'm yet to hear of a legitimate reason to want some PHP to execute when
a user closes the browser, so chances are there's a better way to achieve
what he actually wants.

-Stuart

--
Stuart Dallas