RE: A little confusing thing on (mistakenly) geting a offset from string with multi dim index.

That's a perfectly normal PHP idiom to get the nth character of the
string, I do it all over the place - $string[$n] is equivalent to
substr($string, $n, 1);

Cheers!

Mike

--
Mike Ford,
Electronic Information Developer, Libraries and Learning Innovation,

>From 22 September 2014 Leeds Metropolitan University will become Leeds Beckett University.
Find out more at http://www.leedsbeckett.ac.uk
To view the terms under which this email is distributed, please go to:-
http://www.leedsmet.ac.uk/email-disclaimer.htm