Re: Anyone have a tool/script to convert <? to <?php (but not <?=)

What I posted (and all the others) would work, replacing all instances of
"<? " (notice the space) with "<?php " should work, it will leave all
existing  <?= and <?php alone (since having a space after ? and before
=/php would produce a parser error.

Not sure why you are saying that spaces are irrelevant thou.