Re: UTF-8, MySQL (MariaDB) and the head-shaped dent in my desk

On Thu, Feb 13, 2014 at 4:07 AM, Joshua Kehn <josh@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> Interesting. Check to make sure the browser is submitting the form with
> UTF-8 and that the server isn't mangling it somehow? I know that some form
> types (like multipart) can have encoding issues unless it's explicitly
> declared

How can I check if the browser is submitting the form as UTF-8? I guess I
can see if Firefox's HTTP Live Headers will show any info.

Looking at the adminer source the <form> tags don't have the
accept-charset="UTF-8" that my own forms have, but considering that adminer
_only_ supports UTF-8 (and I appear to be the edge case) I don't know if
that would be the issue.