Re: PHP Form w/document upload and status

When I last did this, you had to use Alternate PHP Cache (APC) which may or may not be installed on servers. The almost ubiquitous Suhosin patch prevented the APC from providing the incremental updates reliably, so many servers will not do this even though they have APC available. The one other alternative was to use Flash which has some limitations (especially for large files, especially on Macs/Safari).

In the modern era, I think there is a new PHP infrastructure for this via "Session Upload Progress". In your search for code, I would look for something exploiting this newer approach.

Phred