How to "download" a multi-part file at the "server" side?

Hi all.

I intend to implement a use-case, wherein the client uploads a file in
multi-part format, and the server then stores the file in a mysql database
(after "downloading it at the server side).

I have been unable to find any immediate answers through googling; I will
be grateful if someone could start me in a direction to achieve the
"downloading at server via php" requirement.

(Don't think it should matter, but I use Java to upload a file in
multi-part format).

I will be grateful for some pointers.

Thanks in advance

Thanks and Regards,