Re: php.net site blocked by Google web search for malware

From the makers of Wordfence:

"Dear WordPress Publisher,

If you would like to stop receiving WordPress security alerts and product updates from Wordfence, you can click here.  You subscribed to this list via the Wordfence security plugin for WordPress.   If you find this alert helpful, please give us a 5 star rating on WordPress.org.
Google has flagged php.net as malicious within the last few hours. It appears to be the entire site and not just the home page or a specific URL. We're issuing this warning because php.net is used daily by most WordPress core, plugin and theme developers to access PHP documentation.

The report Google is issuing for php.net is available here . We haven't been able to verify if php.net has been hacked, but Google states they crawled the site yesterday and found 4 trojans hosted on 4 domains. If you're a WordPress developer and need to visit php.net to access PHP documentation, please take care until this is resolved. It is quite likely a false positive or due to simple backlinks to malicious domains appearing on php.net, but the worst case scenario is that the site has been hacked and malware is hosted on the site itself.

I have just published an article on referrer spam and how it can impact your search engine rankings. I get quite a few questions about referrer spam and what it means when a malicious URL is found in a log file, where it comes from and it's impact, so this blog entry will hopefully shed some light on the issue.

If you found this alert helpful, please give us a 5 star rating on WordPress.org on the right of the page.

Mark Maunder
Wordfence Creator & Feedjit Inc. CEO."

It appears there are three domains that download malware to the user. The domains are not php.net, but it appear the domains are intermediary in it. The domains are, according to google: cobbcountybankruptcylawyer.com, northgadui.com and satnavreviewed.co.uk

Sincerely,

Jasper Kips

Op 24 okt. 2013, om 15:33 heeft Ashley Sheridan <ash@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> het volgende geschreven: