Re: PHP vs JAVA

On 13-08-20 10:19 AM, Tedd Sperling wrote:
On Aug 20, 2013, at 10:04 AM, Ashley Sheridan <ash@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Is he possibly getting confused with Javascript?

Thanks,
Ash
No, this guy is smarter than that -- he's pretty sharp -- so I listen to what he has to say.

Here's an interesting link:

http://www.sitepoint.com/best-programming-language-of-2013/

But the link does not divide languages between Web and Other -- other than "Android Java", which I do not believe is also included in the above Java number.

I think there is more going on here than what I know.

For example, my college has numerous (over 3) JAVA classes filled to the max, whereas my PHP class was canceled due to lack of students. Granted the college could have advertised my PHP class more, but still there is an overwhelming demand for Java Programmers. My questions is "Why?"

I think that the overwhelming majority of Android apps are written in JAVA. That explains its popularity.

--
Stephen