Re: How to extract php source code from joomla

On Mon, 2013-07-22 at 12:49 -0700, elk dolk wrote:

> Thank you for the quick response ! What I am trying to do : I have to complete two university projects for
>
>  my professor !
>
> project One  : Make an online shop and must use the following components in it
>

> Shopping cart, Catalog of products, payment gateway , user login and user activity log .
>

> project Two : Implementing of a B2B sell-side portal with negotiation mechanism.
>
> As I am familiar with php and My.SQL and I have only 20 days to complete those projects !  I thought it's
>
> better to use Joomla I'll be grateful if you can give me an advice
>

> thank you

20 days seems awfully ambitious, does your professor expect you to code
these by hand or are you allowed to use an existing CMS, I ask because
your original question seemed a bit odd.

For e-commerce you're better off choosing a CMS which does that out of
the box. Joomla has plugins that allow you to do these things, but it
can be a hefty CMS, and it's not particularly suited for shops, plus it
has a bit of a learning curve and some large security holes (which I
know first hand having had to just get a Joomla site to pass a rigorous
security test)

Lastly, please try not to top post :)