Re: Re: Fwd: Hmmm.. I think I need your advice here to get in correct direction...

2013/7/10 Jim Giner <jim.giner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

> On 7/10/2013 8:37 AM, Karl-Arne Gjersøyen wrote:
>
>> Sorry, the first mail in this subject run out for me. This is an updated
>> one.
>>

>> I am almost ready with my learning project in PHP/MySQL.
>> I can register new product in stock.
>> Add and increase the number and weight.
>> I can move products between different storehouses
>> I can also transfer products from store and onto a "truck document" but
>> that's it and here I need some advice.
>>
>> I like to register new products and the amount in number (for example 4)
>> and weight in kg.
>>
>> I like to write it in this way:
>> Dynamite - package 4 - Weight 200 kg
>> Lunt - Package 10 - Weight 10kg
>>
>> Then I like to 4+10 = 14
>> and 200+10 = 210.
>>
>> It shall looks like this:
>> ==============================**========
>> Dynamite |  4  | 200
>> Lunt         | 10 |  10
>> ------------------------------**------------------------------**------
>> TOTAL    | 14 | 210
>>
>> It is easy to register this product by product on their own row.
>> but in what way can I multiply them? ned products be stored in arrays?
>> I think it will be similar to shopping cart in online store but i have no
>> clue about how to do this.
>> If you have links to pages were i can learn am i Happy for it. If you can
>> help me here is even better.
>>
>> Thanks for your time and effort to learn me programming.
>>
>> Karl
>>

>>  Ahhh.....
>
> So - you should run a query that selects the products and information that
> you want.  Then you start by creating an html table header and then loop
> through your query results and echo a table row for each result row.
>
> // start the table
> echo "<table border=1>";
>
> // loop thru each item found
> while ($results = $qrslts->fetch(PDO::FETCH_**ASSOC))
> {
> product_amt']."</td></tr>";
> }
>
> // finish the table html
> echo "</table";

Yes that part is OK. I do have problem to add total weight and package at
bottom of the table like this:

Product_one   40kg
Product_two   60kg
Total:             100kg

Because sometimes it is only a few products and other times many products.
I then need to summing them at bottom. One timer only 3 rows, other times
20 rows. The program need a way to add every singel product and see if it's
a few or many,

Karl