Re: How to enable cURL php extension on Debian Wheezy?

Tamara Temple <tamouse.lists@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Csanyi Pal <csanyipal@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Tamara Temple <tamouse.lists@xxxxxxxxx> writes:
>> >
>> > I am completely unfamiliar with Moodle, have no idea what it is or how
>> > it works with I18n stuff. But, if it works in one language and not the
>> > other, the problem probably isn't with curl, or necessarily with the
>> > php configuration, either.
>>
>> It doesn't work in Englis language either, just at this step of Moodle
>> installation on the web interface, it doesn't complain for the missing
>> cURL extension. But, when I proceed with the installation in English
>> language, I come to the step where it shows up again the missing cURL
>> extension.
>
> Ah, I'm sorry, my misundertanding.

OK

>> > When you switch to Hungarian, what are the actual errors you are
>> > seeing?
>> > Stick the log in a gist or pastebin so it doesn't get mangled by
>> > email.
>>
>> I get no error message at this step of Moodle installation, when I use
>> Hungarian language.

>> > I missed this one, somehow.
>> >
>> > Yes, exactly, the cURL module should show up on phpinfo() output.
>>
>> Well, the phpinfo() output doesn't show up the cURL module yet.
>>
>> I have the following directories and files in the
>>
>> /etc/php5/ directory:
>>
>>  /apache2 directory with the content:
>>    php.ini file
>>    /conf.d subdirectory with the content:
>>      gd.ini
>>      ..
>>      xcache.ini
>>
>>      But here I don't have
>>      curl.ini
>>      xmlrpc.ini
>>
>>      and I think that that it should be here curl.ini, xmlrpc.ini
>>
>>      Why is not here curl.ini?
>
> My ../apache2/conf.d directory is a symlink to the ../conf.d
> directory. This might indeed be the problem.

Yes.
My system was Debian Squeeze and I just upgraded it to Debian
Wheezy. Some configuration files and directories remains from Squeeze
and probably cause this problem.

> Not to make *your* ../apache2/conf.d a symlink, but to put symlinks
> inside it to the .ini files you need in ../conf.d. Give that go, and
> see? I'm sorry I'm not much better help -- this all came out of the box
> the way I needed it and I didn't think about it much.

Yes, that help me out. Now the phpinfo() funktion gives the cURL module
enabled.

--
Regards from Pal